Monday, October 1, 2012

Pumpkin Cheesecake cookies

1/5

pepperidgefarms-pumpkin-cheesecake-cookies-01

These cookies were an exciting find: Pepperidge Farm Pumpkin Cheesecake Soft Dessert Cookies. The cookies smell wonderful - like a mix of creamy cheesecake and spicy pumpkin pie.

 

pepperidgefarms-pumpkin-cheesecake-cookies-03

They taste like salt mixed with oil. The texture is simultaneously floury and greasy, probably because they are soft cookies so a lot of extra partially hydrogenated whatever is added for the pleasing fresh-baked texture. The faint spice flavor is overwhelmed by caustic saltiness. My husband and I each ate half a cookie before throwing the entire package in the garbage.

I’ve read favorable reviews for this cookie, and others seem to like the flavor and texture. All those people can have my trash cookies.

My next goal is to find these Pumpkin Macarons from TJs. I was just wondering if my kitchen skills could accommodate macarons/macaroons. Now I don’t even have to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment