Thursday, October 18, 2012

Trader Joe’s pumpkin ravioli

TJs-pumpkin-ravioli-01

The pumpkin-shaped barcode is a funny little touch on the orange packaging.

Each ravioli is yellow on one side, and orange on the other. The cooked pumpkin pillows were tossed in browned butter, sage, a bit of lemon juice, and some reggiano cheese. The filling tastes like pumpkin and honey, as promised. The texture is smoother than pumpkin and more like cheese. I like them, but I’d rather have the butternut squash ravioli. Their butternut squash ravioli are also sweet, but have a brighter and more interesting flavor. 3/5

TJs-pumpkin-ravioli-04 

It’s pretty hard to resist two-toned ravioli. They’re so cute and colorful.

1 comment:

  1. To be honest, I thought the pumpkin filling was way too sweet for me! I like the concept, but if they kept the honey and brown sugar out it would be great!

    ReplyDelete