Friday, September 28, 2012

Bumper crop

Do you call the store Cost Plus, or World Market? It used to be Cost Plus, and now it’s Cost Plus: World Market. My theory is that they’re shying away from the affordable angle, because it’s impossible to walk out of there without spending $50-$100.

Cost Plus: World Market is always packed with pumpkin stuff in the Autumn. If you like baking and cooking mixes, they have a ton of interesting ready mixes that aren’t available in regular grocery stores. I didn’t photograph those because there were SO many of them. Scones, waffle/pancake, muffin, cupcake, etc.

Here’s the one that got away:

costplus2012-autumntaffy
I really did want this, but there was just so much of it. I can’t eat all this taffy by myself, and I don’t like taffy enough to try.

 

But I am totally going to eat all of this by myself. Here’s what I brought home that is seasonal.

costplus2012-haul

L-R: Caramel pumpkin coffee, seasonal pumpkin-shaped Peeps, Pumpkin Pie almonds, pumpkin butter, Pumpkin Crunch popcorn, Caramel Apple Sugar Babies, World Market brand pumpkin gnocchi, and Torani coffee house pumpkin pie sauce. That thing in the front is a Cadbury crème egg knockoff meant to look like a bloody eyeball with strawberry goo inside. Charming, no?

 

costplus2012-pumpkinpiealmonds

The pumpkin pie almonds are wonderful. Wonderful. Whole, unsalted almonds covered with spiced white chocolate. They did a good job with the spices. It doesn’t reek of one specific flavor, it has a rich blend. The white chocolate isn’t super sweet, which is nice.

The Caramel Apple Sugar Babies are a fun, artificial treat. They are the same Sugar Daddy base – overly sugary “caramel” - but they’re coated with a bright green artificial apple flavor that tastes just like this gum from my childhood. I really like them!

I don’t really like the pumpkin butter. It’s grainy, and it doesn’t have a lot of flavor. I loved the pumpkin butter I bought in Indiana last year, but I ate it all.

In addition to this stuff, I finally got the Eggo brand pumpkin waffles, and spotted America’s Favorite Cookie, the Oreo! Now tainted orange for your digestive pleasure.

halloween-oreos

Caramel Apple Milky Ways continue to elude me, but I think I’ve got my work cut out for me with this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment