Thursday, October 4, 2012

Sweet Potato Aebleskiver

Danish pancake purists, avert your eyes.

I made this recipe, but added a mashed sweet potato, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and a tiny bit of clove. Additionally, I used wheat flour to change the texture, and doubled the egg white. Instead of brushing the Aebleskiver pan with oil, I let the butter brown in each cavity before adding batter. There’s a fancy pancake turner tool sold at Williams-Sonoma, but a wooden chopstick works just as well.

ebelskiver-03

Puffy, fluffy pancake balls. They have extra…cough…nutrition. Because of the sweet potato.

2 comments:

  1. how much sweet potato did you use? These sound really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindsey,

      It has been a while since I made this, but if I remember correctly, I added an entire sweet potato. I would say it was 4" long, and 2-3" in diameter. For spices, I would say that they totaled 1-1/2t, but I don't recall the exact ratio. I'm sure any spices you like will taste great.

      I hope that helps! If you decide to make them, please let me know how they turn out! :)

      Delete