Monday, October 22, 2012

Pumpkin milkshake

Daytime Drinking is something I never do, but I made an exception when I saw a pumpkin pie milkshake on the menu at Holsteins Shakes and Buns.

IMG_2547

The other seasonal shakes look good too, but I can’t resist a pumpkin pie shake. Ingredients: pumpkin pie, graham crumble, sapling liquor, cinnamon syrup, and pepitas brittle.

IMG_2553

The Sapling Maple Liqueur is 70 proof, but there was no tipsy effect from the alcohol, or a pungent boozy flavor. The milkshake was just delicious. It tasted like really flavorful pumpkin pie blended with ice cream. The graham crumble was more like graham dust. It didn’t require chewing, but added extra texture. The cinnamon swirl was thick with sugar grain, and I loved it.

IMG_2554

The pepitas pumpkin brittle was a nice touch – unshelled pumpkin seeds in sweet brittle.

I drank about a fifth of the glass, and totally neglected the extra shake brought in the metal mixing jar. It was so rich.

I still managed to find room for the salt and vinegar flavored popcorn,

IMG_2548

 

and my burger. The “Hen House” is topped with bacon and a fried egg. I cannot resist runny egg yolk. Their onion rings are some of the best I’ve ever had – the fried coating actually sticks to the onion, and the batter is flavorful.

IMG_2556

I wish I could eat it again right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment