Saturday, October 1, 2011

Handmade Halloween decor

The last few weeks I've been busily cutting, hole punching, and generally giving myself a pretty wicked case of carpal tunnel. The Paper Source Owl Wreath was the inspiration for all of this. I love the fluffy black and purple flowers matched with Mr. Angry Owl. Their other Halloween offerings were cute but not quite what I wanted so I set off to make my own. I'm happy with how it all turned out.

Mr. Angry Owl, bat garland, and skull garland

The bats are light purple, dark purple, and black, with one bat hanging on a big orange harvest moon.

The skulls are all the same style, but cut on orange, white, and silver paper.

Command Mini Hooks were the best solution I could think of because I don't want to punch 12 holes in my walls for seasonal decor. Since my walls aren't white, they don't quite blend in as much as I'd like, but it's still better than patching and painting in November.

I love the ruffly texture of the flowers - this was from the Paper Source kit.

A close-up of my bats - I cut three sizes and styles.


This one is my favorite - spiders! They're always my favorite spooky theme.
They're black widows - the large spiders have red eyes, while the smaller spiders have the familiar red hourglass shape on their backs.


You can see the eyes better in this one - they're the red brads from Paper Source.

All the shapes were cut out of paper. I hope they'll last because it was a lot of work, and I'd like to be able to enjoy them for a few years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment