Monday, October 10, 2011

Breakfast obsession: pumpkin yogurt parfait

Yogurt parfait is an easy and pretty breakfast. This parfait gets pumpkin from two sources: pumpkin butter and pumpkin seed granola.



The pumpkin butter is the best I've had - I brought it back from a trip to Apple Works in Indiana. It is so pumpkiny, spicy, and sweet I could easily eat it with a spoon. My only regret is leaving any jars on the shelves. A dollop is enough to sweeten and pumpkin-up my favorite plain yogurt from Mountain High. The Nature's Path granola has a healthy dose of broad, smooth, shelled pumpkin seeds that add texture to the already-crunchy granola.

It only looks pretty for a minute, because I like to stir it up into a big orange-tinted mess.

You could use vanilla yogurt if that's your thing, but for my taste that would be too sweet. I like the full-fat creaminess mixed with the natural tartness.

PSST...can't make it to Indiana? Try this Dickinson's Pumpkin Butter. I haven't tried it with yogurt yet, but I remember it being really good. Dickinson's is available in most grocery stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment