Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pumpkin Juice

Recently, juicing has been my favorite thing. It's fun to throw a bunch of fruits and veg into the machine and taste what comes out. Apple seems to be the best fruit to use with nearly every vegetable, so I thought I'd try juicing some fresh pumpkin with apple.

Very little prep is required for fruit and veg juice - wash and go!

Washed and roughly cut gala apples and half a pie pumpkin.


The results.



I thought it was pretty awful. My husband and I each took a few sips and looked at each other with this face:



It tasted BAD. Perhaps it needed to be heated or strained further, but it really just tasted like a mouthful of bitty garden trimmings.

Yeeeeach. I don't know if I'll try it again. I suppose I could have looked up a recipe for going at it, but where's the adventure in that? Harry Potter fans have tried their hand at Pumpkin Juice - maybe I'll give it another shot in the future. MAYBE.

No comments:

Post a Comment