Monday, July 16, 2012

Recovery and Reruns

For the last month, I've been recovering from surgery. That means that I've logged more time sitting on my ass than is probably healthy, even for someone recovering from surgery.

hospital bed
Pic from my brief post-surgery hospital stay

I watched a lot of TV, and there are few current shows that I enjoy more than Community. I had a birthday recently, and I considered getting a cake like Troy’s non-birthday birthday cake (the character is a Jehovah's Witness):

Troys-birthday-cake 
The cake presented to Troy on his 21st birthday

In the vein of meme-y Community, I asked the lady at the bakery to pipe a picture of my favorite food on top of my favorite food. She did a nice job.

cake 
An oddly angled picture of my 2012 birthday cake

The cake was moist tres leches filled with peach and strawberry and finished with the best whipped cream frosting I’ve ever had from a bakery. Possibly my favorite birthday cake ever (and birthday cake is a Really Big Deal to me).

2 comments: