Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Philadelphia Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese

When I spotted Pumpkin Spice cream cheese at the grocery store, I grabbed instinctively, forgetting my stomach's aversion to dairy.



It's a pretty orange color, it smells nice, and it tastes like cream cheese heaven. It's much softer than regular cream cheese, and it was easy to use over half the container on a freshly-toasted bagel (yep, I'm a pig). It does have a familiar cream cheese taste with cinnamon notes, and a sweet flavor. Not too sweet - just right.

While I'd be perfectly happy spreading this on just about everything, I can also see this being used in lazy baking. It would be easy to whip up some pumpkin cream cheese frosting using just some powdered sugar and milk. Or maybe I could more easily make that pumpkin cream cheese pie with sour cream topping that I've been dreaming of! Either way, I'm definitely going to buy a tub or two the next time I'm grocery shopping. Dairy intolerance be damned.

No comments:

Post a Comment