Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pumpkin pie for breakfast

The supermarket had Dickinson's Country Pumpkin Butter, and it was quickly added to my other pumpkin purchases. I wasn't sure what to expect - the dark orange color made me think that it might have a gritty texture or overwhelming spice flavor. I'm such a pessimist - always convinced that new pumpkin treats will be awful.

Not this stuff, though, because it is delicious:



Dickinson's Country Pumpkin Butter

It is like smooth, thickened apple sauce with honey notes. It's very pumpkiny, and it has a lot of flavor, and the spices are nice but they don't overwhelm the pumpkin.

I spread a good amount on wheat toast. It's delicious with and without butter, but the butter adds a richness that seems especially indulgent for breakfast. I'm considering going back to stock up on it so that I have enough to get me through the zombie uprising.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment