Monday, November 30, 2009

Hello, winter festivites!

With Thanksgiving behind us, I can now admit that I am really feeling Christmas this year! It's not usually my favorite, but this year I've decided to celebrate the holiday in my own way. I've decorated my tree with my favorite ornaments from years past, plus bats, skulls, spiders and spider webs. Borrowing strongly from the decor at Haunted Mansion Holiday, I think it adds a macabre yet festive touch to my living room.

Let's not forget about the activities - there are good ones this year. I'm not a fan of the carols and typical Christmas songs - I want irreverent, sarcastic, or odd Christmas activities. First up is Santa Claus Conquers the Martians at the Maverick Theater in Fullerton, then it's the SantaLand Diaries at the Blank Theater Company in Los Angeles. I've never been to either, but I am expecting great things from SCCtM, and I love David Sedaris' style of humor, so there are high hopes for that as well.



That's all that's planned for the month so far, but I hope both activities are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment