Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The seven stages of grief

Over the last three days you've probably experienced a range of emotions. First, you might be shocked that October is over, and Halloween gone. Then you might feel guilty about that local haunted house that you never visited, and those late-night kids who didn't get any candy. Then you might feel...a little angry. Why, stupid Christmas decorations, why are you in stores already? Then you can reflect on all those good times you had. October is a wonderful month - wasn't 2009 the best one ever? After that, you started to think "It's okay! There's always next year! Every day is Halloween! I'll make it through the next 364 days!" Congratulations, you've officially accepted November.

There are plenty of spooky things left to do. In my case, it's a backlog of Halloween-themed TiVo'ed shows like Food Network Challenge - Horror cakes. If you haven't watched it, try to catch it in reruns. My personal favorite didn't win because it was too humorous and not scary enough, but I maintain that moving cannibal cupcakes are very, very scary. I've also got roughly 43 more movies to watch from my Horror Movie Classics box set, and, at some point, the Halloween decorations come down. Oh, here I go into denial again...

No comments:

Post a Comment