Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Noms

While I completely understand this video's annoyance with the buzzwords "pumpkin spice" I have purchased and enjoyed several delicious pumpkin things so far this season. 

 
Pumpkin Pie Truffles from See's


Last year, these were terrible, but they have been dramatically improved (or maybe I'm confusing them with something else?). The filling is soft, and mildly flavored so it is totally delightful, and not a fake cinnamon mouth punch. 

Random stuffs
Pumpkin pie almonds (my favorite from last year), pumpkin crunch popcorn (the best popcorn ever), and Jelly Belly candy corn. It claims to be premium candy corn, and it sincerely is better than Brach's. It is not grainy at all, and it is not as painfully sweet. It has a smooth texture and a nice smell that makes me want to eat more than 3 pieces at a time. 

Pumpkin frozen custard from Strickland's
Evidently Irvine, CA is the only Strickland's outside the Midwest. I feel very lucky because they have the smoothest, best-tasting frozen treat I know of. The Irvine location has flavors that I assume are not served at the Ohio stores like lychee and Thai iced tea. They always manage to blend the fruit flavor with the heavy custard, so it was no surprise that pumpkin custard with toasted pecans was a delicious treat. It's custard, so it is always served in a funny stretched shape that is totally unlike hard ice cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment